Spearheaded in 2015 by SAP’s EMEA CSR department as part of its social investments to drive sustainable growth in Africa, Africa Code Week has introduced coding skills to more than 8 million young Africans so far.
This session will address the following issues:
- How the raising of digital skills for young people in Africa, especially girls, will positively affect the Green Economy.
- The background and scaling of the Africa Code Week program to 37 countries.
- The focus on Girls in technology in the the Green Economy.
- Insights on constructing an SDG 17 with public and private partners.
- Ensuring legacy for projects such as Africa Code Week.
- Developing localised Africa Code Week open source curriculum content with the Scratch Foundation MIT.